► Release Date: 23th March 2020
► Platform: Steam
► Region: Worldwide
► Language: Anglais, Français, Allemand, Japonais, Coréen, Russe, Chinois, Espagnol, Amérique latine
Half-Life: Alyx is an upcoming virtual reality (VR) first-person shooter developed and published by Valve. Taking place before the events of Half-Life 2, players control Alyx Vance as she and her father Eli fight the occupying alien Combine. It is the first game in the Half-Life series since Half-Life 2: Episode Two in 2007, and is scheduled for release on Windows on March 23, 2020.
After Episode Two, Valve made several attempts to develop further Half-Life games, but each faltered. Recognizing the demand for a large-scale VR game, they began experimenting with a Half-Life VR game in 2015. Development entered full production in 2016, with the largest team in Valve’s history. Described by Valve as its “flagship” VR game, Half-Life: Alyx is being developed with the Source 2 engine and supports all PC-compatible VR headsets. Players use VR to interact with the environment and fight enemies, using “gravity gloves” to manipulate objects, similarly to the gravity gun from Half-Life 2. Traditional elements from the series return, such as exploration, puzzles, and physics-based combat.
- Fully-length game experience of Half-Life universe in VR setting. Immersive and realistic gameplay will provide the finest participation in the whirl of adventure
- Polished, precise and smooth engine will deliver tons of possibilities of exploring each corner of City 17. Unveil many mysteries, collect essential resources – ammunition, first aid kits and weapon upgrades
- Solve many riddles, hack terminals, match missing links – all in form of simple but deep and complex mini-games
- Engage into the combat either in melee range or long sniper-rifle distances, peek the corners, hide and eliminate your enemies within the shadows
- Enjoy fully supplied map and level editor and share your creations with community